School rules? Screws loose? Screw it!

Got any school-related gossip to share? Send in all your best experiences, hottest eye candy photos, worse ranting/bitching about teachers, lamest excuses, tested-and-proven ways to cheat in tests and other ways to beat the system. Jokes and "ideas" welcome too. Mail to whatschoolrules@gmail.com and give your name if you want to be credited. Punk the system!

Saturday

Lame excuse #05


I heard a new homework excuse a few weeks ago. I have a seventh grade girl who habitually fails to turn in her homework. We had a teacher/parent meeting, contract written, blah, blah, blah. The VERY NEXT DAY after this big meeting, she didn't have her homework because "My momma sold our truck, and my homework was in the truck, so when they drove the truck off, there went my homework!" The whole class gave her a hard time. Now when she doesn't have her homework, the class oftentimes references the truck excuse!
-- Carol Baber
Charlottesville, VA

No comments: